Mystery...Romance...Sci Fi...Humor... The joy of writing fiction - meeting brand new people in places that don't yet exist.

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Well, How Do You Do It?

I grabbed my big mug of hot tea and headed upstairs, calling to my husband, "I'm gonna go try to give birth to a blog post."

"Any ideas?"  He already knew the answer.

"Nope."

I checked my e-mail, and Facebook, and other blogs I follow - even though I had done all that just before I went down to make the tea. 

I played a game of spider solitair. Well, two.  But I didn't clear the board on the first one so it doesn't count.

I re-read the Christmas wish lists received from various family members.  Although I already know them by heart.

I rumaged around for a nail file and repaired a chipped nail.

I found the cool e-mail I received today of "Idle Thoughts", such as: 

I planted some bird seed. A bird came up. Now I don't know what to feed it. 

and thought of putting one in this post then decided against it.

I blinked and rolled my eyes for several minutes, trying to decide if the numbing drops the opthalmologist had put in this afternoon had completely worn off.  They still felt kind of weird so probably not. 

I studied the New Post window on my monitor.  It was still blank.

Well, how do you procrastinate?


Countdown to retirement and writing full time: 8 work days to go.

I'm currently enjoying: The Mummy Case by Elizabeth Peters

Groaner of the Day: A group of chess enthusiasts checked into a hotel and were standing in the lobby discussing their recent tournament victories. After about an hour, the manager came out of the office and asked them to disperse. "But why?" they asked, as they moved off. "Because," he said, "I can't stand chess nuts boasting in an open foyer."

10 comments:

Dru said...

Same as you with the solitaires. It's an addictive game.

Love today's groaner.

Maria Zannini said...

I love that you don't write a post, you give birth to it. ROTFL!

That comes complete with labor pains.

I gave up games when I started writing. (which is probably a good topic for a future blog post) But I do much blog browsing and visiting with chickens.

Linda Leszczuk said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Linda Leszczuk said...

Dru - I gave up solitaire for Lent last year. It was harder than giving up peanut butter (and that nearly killed me). But I'm trying to convince myself to give it up the day I retire until I get my current round of re-writes finished. Not sure I can pull that one off.

Linda Leszczuk said...

Maria - Well, duh. Don't your posts require a few labor pains?

Hmmmmm, maybe I could wean myself off the stupid games if I bought a few chickens....

Mary Beth Engle said...

Hey at least you ended up with a post... I tend to just stare at the blank page and can't even put rambling thought into words these days.

Kimber Leszczuk. said...

I love blogging - I have a captive audience to listen to all the stuff I would blab on and on about if we had company more often! ha ha ha!

You seem to do just fine coming up with ideas Nana - keep it up! I love reading your writing!

I also loved your idea of Matt videotaping our readings tonight for our blogs! That will cover a post as well!

Linda Leszczuk said...

MB - Have you tried spider solitaire? {grin}

Linda Leszczuk said...

Kimber - Do you think that's why the words "blogging" and "blabbing" sound so much alike?

mattleszczuk said...

You should use the grand kids as blog material. I'm sure you can come up with a recent funny that one of them did.